We manage all types of formal insolvency administrations. We offer solutions and advice to directors and to companies and their creditors. Our extensive experiences in Liquidations make us recognize that stakeholder needs are important issues when dealing with insolvent companies and aim to achieve the best results.
We also offer solutions to individuals who have financial difficulties and seek for an arrangement to their creditors. Our extensive experiences in Individual Voluntary Arrangements help clients to restructure their debts and thus the creditors would be benefited therefrom and enjoy a more favorable return than the case of bankruptcy.
Our services include:
- Voluntary Liquidation
- Court Winding-Up
- Provisional Liquidation
- Preparation and implementation of Individual Voluntary Arrangement
- Trustee in individual estates
- Financial Monitoring / Special Accountant roles
- Schemes of Arrangement
Alan began his career in insolvency and corporate restructuring, forensic accounting and litigation support in 1999. He holds the Specialist Designation in Insolvency awarded by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA), and is also a member of the Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the HKICPA.
Alan is one of the co-founders of Wing United CPA Limited, a firm of Certified Public Accountants established in 2008. Before this, he spent more than 10 years in accounting and business advisory firms in Hong Kong, where he was involved in all types of insolvency and corporate restructuring assignments.
Alan co-founded Rodgers Reidy Hong Kong in order to expand and build the capabilities of its insolvency, forensic and restructuring services. He works closely with his Rodgers Reidy overseas counterparts on cross border referrals and joint appointments throughout Asia.
Career Highlights and Key Expertise
- Alan has been appointed by creditors as a Liquidator, or by the Court as a nominee, of various high profile insolvencies and estates with substantial assets. His appointments include a listed jewellery manufacturer, a major department store, an online bookstore and a sizeable construction consulting company. His more recent appointments include a large-scale LCD TV-Monitor manufacturer, and nominee of over 150 cases of Individual Voluntary Arrangements by the Court.
- In addition to his extensive insolvency management and corporate restructuring experience, Alan has also worked on various forensic accounting and litigation support assignments including investigation of accounting transactions, and the preparation of expert reports for Court proceedings.
- Alan is fluent in English and Chinese (Putonghua and Cantonese).
- Alan has particular expertise in the following fields:
- Information Technology
- Import and export
- Food and beverage
- Fellow member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
- Specialist Designation in Insolvency (SD(Insolvency)) awarded by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified Tax Advisor (Hong Kong) of the Taxation of Hong Kong
- Master of Finance in Taxation of Jinan University, Guangzhou
- Master of Professional Accounting of the Open University of Hong Kong
- Bachelor of Commerce in International Business of the University of Victoria, B.C., Canada
Memberships & Associations
- Council member of the Taxation Institute of Hong Kong
- Restructuring and Insolvency Faculty of the HKICPA
- INSOL International