COVID-19. – We are here to help
Rodgers Reidy are at the forefront of assisting businesses who are experiencing business continuity and financial issues. A number of Australian businesses will be affected by the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and we are here to help by assisting you with any of the following:
- Identify and strategise supply chain, workforce and other business continuity issues
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders and customers
- Maximize the use of the government’s support plans
- Enable access to alternative funding and/or restructure of financial facilities
- Develop business workarounds & restructuring
- Negotiate compromises of debts and payment plans with creditors
- Providing safe harbour advice
- Advising on formal insolvency appointments
We implore business owners and directors to contact us at the first sign of stress on your business. We can assist you to navigate the issues and overcome any potential disaster.
Health & Wellbeing during these times
We take the health and wellbeing of our people, clients and the broader community seriously. It is also important for business owners to be mindful of their mental health and wellbeing during periods of financial distress.
Anyone suffering from any mental health issues is encouraged to acknowledge feelings of distress and seek further professional support if required. Beyond Blue has fact sheets about anxiety and offers other practical advice and resources at beyondblue.org.au or by contacting the Beyond Blue Support Service on 1300 22 4636.
Continuity of our business so that we can continue supporting you
Rodgers Reidy is fully resourced to support clients. Our technology supports our people to be able to work wherever they need to be based. Our clients can be assured we are able to continue to support them during this period of uncertainty due to the outbreak of COVID-19. Our people will continue to be available through the normal communication channel.