Lockyer Quarry in Mount Whitestone QLD 4347
Property for sale in Queensland
- Property type: Land
- Size: 74.44 ha (183.95 acres)
- Appointment: Deed of Company Arrangement
- Date Published: 29/10/20
Lockyer Quarry Pty Ltd (Subject to Deed of Company Arrangement)
- Fully-approved hard-rock extraction
- 10million* tonnes of measured resource
- 74.4Ha* Freehold + 42.34Ha* offset area
Located some 20 kilometres from the township of Gatton, the Lockyer Quarry is well placed to take advantage of the proposed potential infrastructure developments including:
- Stage 1 of the Coomera Connector (budgeted at $750 million)
- Jindalee's Centenary Bridge widening (budgeted at $112 million)
- Next stage of the Mount Lindesay Highway widening (budgeted at $42 million)
- Beams Road Level Crossing at Carseldine (budgeted at $50 million)
- Caloundra Road to Sunshine Motorway link (budgeted at $45 million)
- Targeted Safety Road Works along D’Aguilar Highway (Caboolture – Yarraman), Glasshouse Mountains Road (Beerburrum and Palmview), Beenleigh Redland Bay Road (Cornubia and Redland Bay)
- Beaudesert Beenleigh Road (Beaudesert and Wolffdene) (part of projects budgeted at $120 million)
- Tamborine-Oxenford Road: Howard Creek Upgrade (budgeted at $8 million)
- Gateway Motorway: Flyover (budgeted at $12.3 million)
- Brisbane Valley Highway (Ipswich – Harlin) Pavement strengthening and resilience (part of Regional Economic Enabling Fund budgeted at $126.4 million)
Lockyer Quarry has reserves of olivine basalt (classified as a Basic Igneous Type) that demonstrates extreme high intact rock strength and durability. These attributes are understood to be rare in basalt and make it a safe and inert material that is suited to a wide range of specialist uses that can be marketed throughout South East Queensland, Australian and International markets.
Lockyer Quarry provides a unique opportunity to purchase a fully approved hard rock extraction quarry located in one of South East Queensland’s major growth areas.
The sale includes an additional green space property with an area of approximately 42.34 hectares of freehold land located in Mount Berryman.
Click here for more information or to arrange an inspection.