Aiko Wang - Manager
Manager - Sydney Office
Aiko began her career in the IT industry using both her IT skills and Accounting qualifications. She quickly advanced her understanding of the close connection between the IT and accounting worlds. With solid experience in the corporate side of the SME market, Aiko moved into the insolvency industry in 2013 to further pursue her interest in forensic accounting where she has thrived in the insolvency and forensic fields. Aiko further enhanced her qualifications and practical understanding by completing the Forensic Accounting Specialisation Qualification Program offered by the Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand. Aiko is an accredited CA Forensic Accounting Specialist.
Career Highlights and Key Expertise
- Building & Construction - investigations into allegations regarding improper conduct by a corporate officer or bankrupt and assessing of the solvency of an entity;
- Rural Industry – review and assessment of SME financial accounts, budgets, cash flows and source and application of funds for purposes of due diligence. Preparation of report with recommendations on trading expectations and future funding requirements;
- Litigation Support – consider and critically assess expert witness reports and provide ongoing litigation support; analyse evidence and documents produced in litigation;
- Public Examinations - investigations into financial accounts, banking transactions and tracing of funds to prepare a brief to solicitors/counsel for the conduct of a number of Public Examinations.
- Bachelor of Commerce - University of Auckland
- Master of Professional Accounting combined with Master of Commerce – University of Sydney
- Chartered Accountant Program - Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- ARITA Advanced Certification - University of Technology Sydney
- Forensic Accounting Specialisation Program - Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
Memberships & Associations
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
In her spare time Aiko enjoys reading, watching movies, and catching up with friends. Whenever time permits, Aiko loves travelling to expand her horizons.