Director – Melbourne & Geelong Offices
David began his professional career in the manufacturing and wholesale distribution industries in various Accounting & IT positions.
Since joining Rodgers Reidy in 2006, David has worked predominantly worked in corporate insolvency and restructuring, ranging from sole traders to large corporations. In addition, David has been involved in various forensic accounting engagement and independent business review’s leading to reports to various financial institutions.
David's approach is practical and commercial in achieving outstanding results for key stakeholders in the following industries:-
- Farming & Agribusiness
- Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure
- Manufacturing & Automotive
- Building & Construction
- Retailing & Franchising
- Wholesaling & Distribution
- Transport & Logistics
- Commercial & Residential Property
Key Career Highlights
- David was responsible for a large scale Geelong based registered charity providing health care to the disabled (circa 150 employees) whilst continuing to trade the business was sold to a like institution resulting in the majority of employees retaining their employment and all creditors being paid 100 cents in the dollar and the charitable business, continuing to be able to offer its services to the local community.
- During COVID-19 David was responsible for the trade on, sale and restructure of an International Freight Forwarding and 3rd Party Logistics provider with 4 distribution centres across Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland. Creditors accepted a Deed of Company Arrangement that will allow the restructure of the Company’s debts with the majority of creditors receiving between 60 and 100c/$.
- Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Advanced Certificates in Systems and Database Administration
- Advanced Insolvency Law & Practice, I & II
Memberships & Associations
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Australian Institute of Credit Management
Growing up in Drysdale on the Bellarine Peninsula, David is a keen sportsman who likes most sports, having played football and cricket for Drysdale before taking up triathlon in his later years.
David spends much of his spare time with his wife, friends and family enjoying travelling, wining and dining, and watching local sports.
David is a keen Hawthorn supporter during the winter months, but come summer, you'll find him out on his bike somewhere (mostly on the Bellarine Peninsula).
T: +61 3 9670 8700
F: +61 3 9642 0525
M: +61 420 372 980