Lim Tian Huat
Director – Malaysia & Singapore Offices
With many years experience in insolvency and reconstruction in Malaysia and internationally, Tian Huat co-founded Rodgers Reidy Kuala Lumpur in 2014. He is the Founding President of Insolvency Practitioners Association of Malaysia (IPAM) which seeks to improve, regulate and standardise the insolvency profession in Malaysia.
Career Highlights and Key Expertise
- Partner of Arthur Andersen & Co. and headed up the Global Corporate Finance practice in the firm.
- Global Council Member for Corporate Recovering Services.
- Chief Operating Officer of Asean's Corporate Recovering Services.
- Partner of Ernst & Young and led the Corporate Restructuring practice of the firm.
- Appointed Commissioner of the United Nations Compensation Commission.
- Appointed by Domestic Trade Minister to be a member of the Corporate Law Reform Committee (which resulted in Companies Act,
- 2016) under the purview of the Companies Commission of Malaysia.
- Appointed by Finance Minister to the Board of Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia.
- Co-Author of 'The Law and Practice of Corporate Receivership in Malaysia and Singapore'
- Co-Author of 'Guide to Corporate Receivership' by Institut Bank-Bank, Malaysia
- Fellow of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Member of Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Member of Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours)
Memberships & Associations
- Insolvency Practitioners Association of Malaysia
- Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- INSOL International
In his spare time, Tian Huat enjoys golfing and travelling with family and friends. He is a keen foodie of both international and local cuisines and loves a good bottle of wine. When he is not enjoying some down time with a good book or music, he follows sports such as rugby, football and Formula 1.