Director - Adelaide Office
Rob, originally from an audit and then commerce background, commenced his insolvency career at a national firm based at their Perth office working on corporate insolvency and bankruptcy appointments.
In 2007, he moved to South Australia and continued to build his extensive expertise in formal insolvency appointments, restructuring and corporate recovery assignments across a wide range of industries as well as all aspects of personal insolvency. Rob has the enviable title of administering the first Personal Insolvency Agreement in Australia back in 2005. He is sought after for a number of profile personal insolvency appointments including politicians, barristers and prominent business personalities.
Rob has a track record of achieving outstanding results for key stakeholders on his engagements covering large corporates through to small companies across industries including but not limited to:-
- Primary Production
- Hospitality, Tourism & Leisure
- Building & Construction
- He was appointed as Trustee of a Bankrupt by a large financial institution. Following initial investigations he negotiated the provision of funds to meet a dividend of 100c as well as all costs of the administration. Rather than having the bankruptcy finalise and a record remain, he utilised provisions of the bankruptcy to ensure the bankruptcy annulled restoring the bankrupt to a status as if she was never bankrupt.
- Rob was appointed as Trustee of a bankrupt director by a Liquidator following a high profile liquidation one of his entities. He identified significant assets transferred to Bankrupt’s ex-spouse pursuant to alleged Family Court Orders. Following a complex weave of attempts to divest the assets including potential fraud by lawyers and 5 years in the Federal and Family Courts, he successfully obtained control of significant assets including a $3.5 million home resulting in a 100 cent /dollar dividend to creditors of the bankrupt estate. Amongst the creditors is the corporate entity in liquidation which is expected to also pay a 100cent in the dollar dividend.
- Bachelor of Business
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Advanced Insolvency Law & Practice, I & II
- Registered Liquidator
- Registered trustee in Bankruptcy
Memberships & Associations
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Australian Institute of Credit Management
When not working or volunteering as a Workshop Leader for ARITA, Rob is an avid 4wd enthusiast and is always happy to show you pictures of his vehicle and off-road camper in precarious situations. Luckily for Rob, his wife also enjoys the remoteness of outback Australia and its natural beauty.