Director - Darwin Office
Sam has over 15 years of corporate insolvency and turnaround experience in the Northern Territory and South Australia. Sam commenced his career in South Australia and moved to the Northern Territory in 2007. He returned to South Australia in 2012 at the request of his previous firm to take up a senior position in the firm's Adelaide office but always had a strong desire to return to the Territory and was consistently involved in managing Northern Territory assignments from Adelaide, making regular trips to the Territory. Based permanently in Darwin since 2017, along with Stuart Reid, Sam is a founding Director of the Rodgers Reidy Darwin office.
Sam has substantial expertise in the following forms of corporate appointments:
- Receiverships including Investigating Accountant assignments.
- Voluntary Administration and Deeds of Company Arrangement.
- Liquidation (Court ordered, Creditors Voluntary and Members Voluntary).
- Special Administrations under the CATSI Act.
- Grant Controllerships.
- Statutory examinations and governance compliance tests.
- Debt factoring reviews and advice.
- Indigenous Organisations
- Government funded bodies
- Not for profits
- Managed Investment Schemes
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Building and Construction
- Registered Liquidator
- Fellow, CPA Australia
- Professional Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- Fellow, Institute of Public Accountants
- Member, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants UK
- Member, Association of Independent Insolvency Practitioners
- Master of Business Administration (Major in Corporate Governance), Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce (Major in Accounting), University of South Australia
- Advanced Certificate in Insolvency, Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
Passionate Cricket and Aussie Rules fan and enjoys watching and playing sports generally
Avid supporter of the Port Adelaide football club
Enjoys travelling and the occasional Sailing trip